Adapted from The carrotServings: approximately 30 cookies
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1 large egg yolk
2 tablespoons milk**I used whole milk, because that is what I had on hand
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
How to :
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray generously with cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup together on medium speed for about 1 minute.
5. Add the egg yolk, milk, and vanilla, mixing well until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
6. Reduce the mixer speed to low, and slowly add the flour mixture.
7. Add the chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
8. Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing the dough about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking process.
10. Remove from the oven, and cool on a wire rack.