Sunday, September 12, 2010

Cinnamnon Buns...DONE!!

years and years ago,of course before I started that cooking mania,I used to be a  cinnamonm rolls maniac...especially that of Cinnabon brand.
And as you knew, I was the queen of yeast and dough rise faliure.......just was..but am not anymore :)
yesterday ,I made my first successful cinnamon rolls ever...
Left them to rise overnight...and in the morning ..everyone woke up smelling cinnamon all over the house.
About the recipe, I read something about 12 or 13 recipes and finally came up with the following...

YOU will need...
The Dough:
41/2 cups of AP flour
2 eggs
1/3 c sugar
1/3 cup butter (soft)
1 cup milk
pinch os salt
1 packet active dry yeast
1/2 tsp vanilla extract.















What to do:

in a large mixing bowl combine 2 1/4 cups of the flour and the yeast.

In a small saucepan heat the milk, the 1/3 cup butter, 1/3 cup sugar, and salt just till warm and butter is  melted, stirring constantly. Add to flour mixture. Add eggs. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds ( with an electric mixer) I don't have a stand mixer by the way..:(, . Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 cups flour as you can. the dough must be soft but not sticky.

Turn dough out onto a  floured surface(wooden best). Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (8 minutes). Shape into a ball. Place in a greased bowl, turning once. cover and let rise for about 1 hour or till doubled in size.


For filling, combine 1 cup brown sugar, , and 1 TSP cinnamon (mix them). and 1/2 a cup of soft butter.
after the dough rises.Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.

Roll the dough into a 12 inch rectangle. with a rubber spatula, grease your dough with 1/2 cup of butter; top with brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style; pinch edges to seal.



Slice the dough roll into eight 1 1/2 inch pieces. Arrange dough pieces, cut side up, in a greased baking pan. Cover dough loosely with clear plastic wrap, leaving room for rolls to rise. 1 hour.
Refrigerate dough for 2 to uo to 24 hours. Uncover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.

preheat your oven to 375 f,Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or till light brown.

A hint...to slice the dough easily into buns....use a piece of string thread, pass it under the dough and then pull to make a  knod...and here it comes...a smooth slice , the thread  acts like a very sharp knife.


Cream cheese frosting:
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened'
  • 125 gm cream cheese 
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • Mix all those ingredients together and pour it on the buns when it comes out of the oven....enjooooooy!


Have you ever made your own Cinnamon Rolls?









9 comments:

whatsfordinneracrosstatelines said...

I love making cinnamon buns! The house smells so wonderful when you bake them, it makes the girls get out of bed! Yours came out amazing!
I'll have to give your recipe a try!
-Gina-

Unknown said...

Thank you Gina,:)

sara @ CaffeIna said...

Oh congrats on the success! I used to fail all my yeast goods too until I really learnt to knead. Your buns look amazing and I guess everybody was super happy to wake up with that good smell!

Unknown said...

Than you sara...:))

Lisa Faley said...

MMMmm... these would be heavenly with my coffee! Now please!!

Debbie said...

I haven't attempted cinnamon rolls, but they have been on my to do list for a while. Thanks for the tip about the string!

Unknown said...

Thanx debbie and Lisa....

Joudie's Mood Food said...

Hey Nesrine. These look gorgeous. I love love love cinnabon rolls and boy do yours looks amazing. How gorgeous. I bet they were all gone in a flash.....

Susi's Kochen und Backen said...

Nesrine those cinnamon buns have me drooling! They are beautiful and look like they are straight from a bakery! I'm bookmarking this recipe, thanks for sharing :o)

Post a Comment

comments and suggestions make me happy!